The queen race offers a complete tour of the Wildstrubel massif and the Plaine Morte Glacier, crossing 2 cantons over the mythical Gemmi (2'268m) and Rawyl (2'427m) passes, and taking the famous Via Alpina.
Friday 13th September 2024
Crans-Montana - 22:30
Max Allowed Race Time
Full loop around the Wilsdtrubel massif
A 113km course and 6600m D+ for a unique adventure around the Wildstrubel massif. Departure from Crans-Montana for a first part in the heart of the Swiss Valais, between perfectly maintained pastures and tender alpine meadows, where local products will be in the spotlight to refuel you! Then, you will cross into the canton of Berne via the mythical Gemmi pass (2,268m), which you will remember for a long time. The canton of Bern will surprise you between Adelboden, Kandersteg or the Lenk, and finally the famous Wildstrubel hut, the highest point of the race at 2,800m. The end of the route will bring you back to the Valais side, once you have crossed the Rawyl pass (2'427m), to enjoy the emerald colours of the Tseuzier lake and an exceptional last section along the Ro bisse. The variety of landscapes encountered is the strong point of the route. One thing is certain, this loop is worth the diversions!
Friday 13th September 2024
- Wave 1 : 10:30pm
- Wave 2 : 10:45pm
Crans-Montana - Place Ycoor
BY TRAIN: From the Valais or Berne Canton : timetable :
- From the Valais :
Sierre, approx. 20min
Genève : approx. 2h15
Lausanne : approx. 1h30
Chamonix : 1h45
- From Bern Canton :
Berne: approx. 2h
Brig: approx. 1h
No runners' bus to the start for this race.
There will be no shuttle service for supporters for this race.
Crans-Montana, Place Ycoor
Friday, 13th of September, 2024 : From 10 am to 10 pm (to be confirmed)
Don't forget your ID and your bag (chrono chip on the bag).
No compulsory or random checks at number collection.
Checks will be carried out either at the start, during the race or at the finish.
Timings may be subject to change
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment on you or in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
You have to bring the full list of mandatory equipment below. According to the weather forecast, we will remove some from the list if we consider they will not be useful. The final list will be confirmed 1 or 2 days before the race.
- Running pack to carry mandatory gear throughout the race.
- the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race:
- with international roaming that works in Switzerland.
- Each runner should save the organization's safety phone numbers, not mask/block their number and do not forget to start the race with the battery fully charged.
- Keep the phone ON at all times, airplane mode is forbidden and could result in a penalty.
- LiveTrail application installed and activated in order to locate you in case of emergency.
- An external battery is highly recommended.
- Personal cup 15 cl/5oz minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted)
- Minimum water supply of 1 liter.
- Food reserve. Recommendation of 800kcal (ex : 2 gels + 2 power bars)
- Two working headlamps with spare cells/batteries for each headlamp.
- Recommendation of 200 lumens or more for the main torch light
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum / 55 inches x 80 inches or survival bag
- Whistle .
- Self-adhering elastic bandage for bandaging or strapping (minimum 100 cm x 6 cm / 40 inches x 2,5 inches)
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains. The jacket must be made of a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (e.g.. Outdry)
- *minimum recommended 10 000 Schmerber (10,000 mm).
- **RET value recommended: minimum of 13.
- the jacket must have an integrated hood or one which is attached to the jacket by the original system designed for that purpose by the manufacturer.
- the seams must be sealed.
- the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof. Air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back) are accepted.
- It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria if their jacket fits the regulations stated to face bad weather in the mountains. But during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge.
- Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of leggings and socks to cover the legs completely.
- Waterproof overpants
- Additional warm second layer: a warm second layer top with long sleeves (excluding cotton) weighing at least 180g (6,5 onces) OR the combination of a long-sleeved warm undergarment (first or second layer, excluding cotton) weighing at least 110g (4 onces) and a windproof jacket* with durable water-repellent protection (DWR protection)
- *the wind-proof jacket does not replace the mandatory waterproof jacket, or vice versa
- Warm gloves
- ID passport/ID card
If you choose to take poles, it's for the whole race. It's forbidden to start without poles and take some along the way, or vice versa.
Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
bowl and kitchenware if you wish to eat a meal. They won't be available on the aid stations.
Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
A 20 CHF note
Knife or scissors for cutting elasticated bandage.
Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
When collecting their number, each participant receives a 30-litre bag. After having filled it with the items of their choice and closed it, they can deposit it at the start in the space dedicated to it.
The bag will be transported to the base in Adelboden and then to Crans-Montana place Ycoor for the finish.
Assistance authorized at :
Only one person per runner is allowed to enter the official feed zone at these points.
- Leukerbad, Sportarena, Lichtenstrasse 27, 3954 Leukerbad
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/EzQ4SWsvZALLaFjt7
- Kandersteg, Kunsteisbahn, Eisbahnweg, 3718 Kandersteg
Be careful : Lötschberg-Tunnel is closed from 11.30PM to 5.30AM. Access by road via Bern, Thun, Spiez and Frutigen
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/2zu8KNYJPidsyrRw5
- Adelboden, Zelgstrasse 3, 3715 Adelboden
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/L2coJZaStwNDxe87A
- Lenk, Tennisplatz, Oberriedstrasse 15, 3775 Lenk
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/e3Pm53UrLzvunYi57
- Barrage de Tseuzier, 1972 Ayent
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/HvZ2NDFKquSssana7
Assistance not authorized at :
Supporters may still access the refreshment points and encourage their runner, but no assistance may be provided at the points identified as "without assistance".
- Varenalp, Planigrächti, 3953 Varen
No road access, only on foot
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/yg4FxtGe5SavpAyq6
- Col Gemmi, Gemmi Lodge, Gemmistrasse 12, 3954 Leukerbad
No access, cable car close at night
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/iYFsw8GWfYw1de4R9
- Alpschele, only access on foot from Kandersteg
- Sillerebüel, Sillerenbühl, 3715 Adelboden
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/thvTHJ9rUF1pBns39
- Iffigenalp, Berghaus, Iffigenalpstrasse 207E, 3975 Lenk
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/m8FEvbwBDjiG8Ntq5
- Cabane Wildstrubel, Wildstrubelhütte, 3975 Lenk
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/Yw3UvFu6f7a32mkT6
WARNING: The road from Adelboden to Lenk through the Hahnemoos Pass is closed all year round and forbidden to unauthorized vehicles. You will need to drive through Frutigen and Spiez to reach Lenk, allowing about 1h30 of driving time.
The organisation will provide shuttles to bring the runners back to Crans-Montana in case of withdrawal or if the time limits are exceeded.
For logistical or traffic reasons, buses may be subject to delays.
Withdrawals can be made at the following points:
Outside these points, no shuttle service can be guaranteed.
Finishing Wild 110 will allow you to participate to the draw of the famous Western States 100M Endurance Run in California.
Around the race
Plan your stay and check out all the tourist activities and experiences around the Wildstrubel massif.
A "best of the Alps" destination
Wildstrubel by UTMB® will take you on a magnificent journey through the northern Alps of Switzerland, connecting the Swiss cantons of Valais and Bern around the Wildstrubel massif.
Things to do
Extand your stay before or after the race to explore the area around the Wildstrubel massif with family or friends.
Book your accommodation
Check out the wide range of accommodation on offer in Crans-Montana, Leukerbad and in the Adelboden-Kandersteg-Lenk area.
How to get there
A tourist resort located in the canton of Valais, Crans-Montana is at the heart of the Wildstrubel by UTMB®. Easily accessible by different means of transport, we recommend that you make maximum use of public transport.