On this short and ultra nervous format, discover a summary of the Valais atmosphere: 1 wild climb, 1 crossing through the mountain pastures, 1 refreshment point at the highest point of the route. 1 varied descent with forests, technical terrain and a biss
Sunday 15th September 2024
Leukerbad - 09:30
Max Allowed Race Time
A condensed version of the Valais atmosphere
On this short and ultra-energetic format, the runners will have a condensed version of the Valais atmosphere: bucolic passages through the alpine pastures, exhilarating forest trails, breathtaking views of the 4000 meter peaks of the Valais, historical paths along the bisses… Indeed, the "small" race of the weekend has all the makings of a big one!
BY TRAIN: From the Valais or Berne Canton : timetable :
- From the Valais :
Sierre, approx. 30min
Crans-Montana, approx. 50min
Chamonix, approx. 2h
- From the Bern Canton : through the Lötschberg tunnel (info and timetables here) :
Please note that these timetables may be subject to adjustment. The detailed transport plan will be communicated at a later date.
ORGANIZATION BUS for runners (free) and accompanying persons (paying) :
Sunday, 15th of September, 2024
Departure from Crans-Montana (Ycoor stop) at :
- Wave 1: 07:45 a.m. for arrival in Leukerbad around 08:30 a.m.
- Wave 2: 08:00 for arrival in Leukerbad around 08:45
- Wave 3: 08:15 a.m. for arrival in Leukerbad around 09:00 a.m.
Please be ready 15 minutes before the departure of the bus.
We recommend that you pick up your race number the day before the race in Crans-Montana, but you can also pick it up on race morning in Leukerbad.
Accompanying supporters : Buses depart for Crans-Montana after the last departure, at around 10.15 am.
Please note that there is no organization bus after the race from Crans-Montana to Leukerbad. Please use public transport.
**Crans-Montana ** Place Ycoor
timetable coming soon
**Leukerbad **, Bus Terminal, Rathausstrasse 8
Sunday, 15th : from 7:30 am to 9:45 am
Timings may be subject to change
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment on you or in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
You have to bring the full list of mandatory equipment below. According to the weather forecast, we will remove some from the list if we consider they will not be useful. The final list will be confirmed 1 or 2 days before the race.
- Running pack or equipment belt to carry mandatory gear throughout the race.
- the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race:
- with international roaming that works in Switzerland.
- Each runner should save the organization's safety phone numbers, not mask/block their number and do not forget to start the race with the battery fully charged.
- Keep the phone ON at all times, airplane mode is forbidden and could result in a penalty.
- LiveTrail application installed and activated in order to locate you in case of emergency.
- An external battery is highly recommended.
- Personal cup 15 cl/5oz minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted)
- Minimum water supply of 0.5 liter.
- Food reserve. Recommendation of 400kcal (ex : 1 gel + 1 power bar)
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum / 55 inches x 80 inches or survival bag
- Whistle .
- Self-adhering elastic bandage for bandaging or strapping (minimum 100 cm x 6 cm / 40 inches x 2,5 inches)
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains. The jacket must be made of a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (e.g.. Outdry)
- *minimum recommended 10 000 Schmerber (10,000 mm).
- **RET value recommended: minimum of 13.
- the jacket must have an integrated hood or one which is attached to the jacket by the original system designed for that purpose by the manufacturer.
- the seams must be sealed.
- the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof. Air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back) are accepted.
- It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria if their jacket fits the regulations stated to face bad weather in the mountains. But during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge.
- Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of leggings and socks to cover the legs completely.
- Additional warm second layer: a warm second layer top with long sleeves (excluding cotton) weighing at least 180g (6,5 onces) OR the combination of a long-sleeved warm undergarment (first or second layer, excluding cotton) weighing at least 110g (4 onces) and a windproof jacket* with durable water-repellent protection (DWR protection)
- *the wind-proof jacket does not replace the mandatory waterproof jacket, or vice versa
- Warm gloves
- ID passport/ID card
If you choose to take poles, it's for the whole race. It's forbidden to start without poles and take some along the way, or vice versa.
Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
bowl and kitchenware if you wish to eat a meal. They won't be available on the aid stations.
Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
A 20 CHF note
Knife or scissors for cutting elasticated bandage.
Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
Assistance authorized at :
Only one person per runner is allowed to enter the official feed zone at these points.
No assistance authorized for this race !
Assistance not authorized at :
Supporters may still access the refreshment points and encourage their runner, but no assistance may be provided at the points identified as "without assistance".
- Varenalp, access only on foot
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/yg4FxtGe5SavpAyq6
- Colombire, Route de Colombire 2, 3974 Crans-Montana
Only a water point
Google Map : https://goo.gl/maps/UNwvkDxXHybrV8cW8
When collecting their race numbers, each participant receives a 30-litre bag. After filling it with the items of their choice and closing it, they can leave it at the start and collect it at the finish in Crans-Montana, place Ycoor.
Around the race
Plan your stay and check out all the tourist activities and experiences around the Wildstrubel massif.
A "best of the Alps" destination
Wildstrubel by UTMB® will take you on a magnificent journey through the northern Alps of Switzerland, connecting the Swiss cantons of Valais and Bern around the Wildstrubel massif.
Things to do
Extand your stay before or after the race to explore the area around the Wildstrubel massif with family or friends.
Book your accommodation
Check out the wide range of accommodation on offer in Crans-Montana and in the Adelboden-Kandersteg-Lenk area.
How to get there
A tourist resort located in the canton of Valais, Crans-Montana is at the heart of the Wildstrubel by UTMB®. Easily accessible by different means of transport, we recommend that you make maximum use of public transport.
Participate in WILD 25
All the information you need to know before starting an extraordinary adventure.
Rules and Regulations
Check out the official Rules and Regulations for the next edition of Wildstrubel by UTMB®, including entry process and fees, mandatory equipment, health and environment policies and much more.
Thanks to your participation in this race, you will collect 1 Running Stone that gives an additional chance to be selected via the lottery to the UTMB® World Series Finals - OCC, CCC® and UTMB®.